You’ve unpacked your nappies, what’s next?
- Wash your nappies to remove residue. Soak all of your inserts and nursing pads overnight, this will increase absorbency and durability!
- When natural fibre inserts are wet, before drying, stretch them out, as natural fibres are prone to minimal shrinkage.
- Stretch out the gussets of your cloth nappy, this will help maintain their shape!
- Line dry all inserts and nursing pads, or a low heat tumble dry.
- Line dry all cloth nappy shells and wet bags.
After use washing guide
1. Shake, knock off, scrape solid waste off the cloth nappy into the toilet. Take inserts out and rinse both nappy and inserts with soapy water to gently remove stains. Rinse/Squeeze out any excess water and place in a bucket ready for washing.
2. Wash all cloth nappies together, we recommend 20-40 degrees to help remove any excess soiling on a regular 30-45min cycle.
3. We recommend line drying, do not tumble-dry nappy shells as this can cause long term damage. You can tumble-dry bamboo, hemp and microfiber inserts on a low heat.
4. Use your choice of detergent, we recommend using a natural detergent in either liquid or powder form.
- Figgy & Co Nappy Wash & Soak
- Figgy & Co Coconut Bar Soap